- Never share your user ID and password information with third-party providers. Farmers State Bank of Danforth with NEVER ask for your password.
- Memorize your password and do not write it down.
- You are responsible for keeping your password account information confidential.
Online Banking Security
All information within our online banking uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol for transferring data. It creates a secure environment for the information being transferred between your computer and Farmers State Bank of Danforth. In addition to the security features setup by Farmers State Bank of Danforth, here are some tips to protect your information:
- Never share or give out your User ID, Passwords, or Security Challenge Questions & Answers.
- Do not use personal information as your User ID & Password.
- Create difficult passwords that include letters, numbers, upper and lowercase letters.
- Do not provide any personal information to websites that do not use encryption or other secure methods of protection.
- Make sure your computer is equipped with up to date anti-virus software protection.
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information such as your Social Security number, account number, debit card or credit card number without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes. Protect yourself by:
- Reporting lost or stolen checks or debit and credit cards immediately.
If your debit or credit card has been lost stolen report it as soon as possible.
- Debit Cards call 1-800-383-8000
- Credit Cards call 1-800-367-7576
- NEVER give out any personal information
- Shred all documentation that contain confidential information.
- Examples: Bank and credit card statements, expired debit or credit cards and pay stubs.
Check Your Credit
Any consumer can request one free copy of his/her credit report per year. Reviewing your credit report can help you monitor any new accounts or delinquent activity that may not be authorized.
Contact the three major credit bureaus to request a copy.
- Equifax 1-800-685-1111
- Experian 1-888-397-3742
- Trans Union 1-800-916-8800
For additional information how to protect yourself view the PDF documents below.
Tech Support Scams
Don't Take the Bait
IRS Imposter Scams
Identity Theft - What to Know